SilverBullet at its core is bare bones in terms of functionality, most of its power it gains from plugs.Plugs are an extension mechanism (implemented using a library called PlugOS) that runs “plug” code in the browser using web workers.Plugs can hook into SB in various ways:
- Extend the Markdown parser and its syntax
- Define new commands and keybindings
- Respond to various events triggered either on the server or client-side
- Run recurring and background tasks.
- Define their own extension mechanisms through custom events
Core plugsThese plugs are distributed with SilverBullet and are automatically enabled:
plug where uri = null order by name render [[internal-template/plug]]
Third-party plugsThese plugs are written either by third parties or distributed separately from the main SB distribution.
plug where uri != null order by name render [[internal-template/plug]]Want to develop your own plugs? Have a look at Development.